API 26 First Impressions
They work for me.
These strips are not to be trusted as a primary testing method for aquariums. The price is great for all these essential tests! I have not found that to be true for myself. It is one small part of the overall aquarium ownership experience. The nitrate test is a little finicky as most users will agree. The strips are able to monitor pH, nitrate, nitrite, water hardness. Having the key on the bottle is very helpful, it won't get lost.
- Editor's Impressions Of The API 26
- Test Accuracy [star rating='5']
- Build Quality [star rating='5']
- Value For Money [star rating='5']
- Feature Set [star rating='5']
API 26 Final Thoughts
Worth the money.
I have a freshwater tank that includes some delicate invertebrates. I have not had any problem whatsoever. But, I will continue to order Tetra's 6 in 1 until someone makes a better test strip. Nice that so many things are tested with one dip in the water. I have some pretty lousy water where I live. I would not use it solely for checking nitrate and nitrites. 6 and run a high pH you will see it could actually be 7.
- API 26 Features & Specs
- Contains one (1) API NITRITE TEST KIT 180-Test Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Kit, including 1 bottle of testing solution, 1 color card and 1 glass test tube with cap
- Helps monitor nitrite and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish
- Accurately detects high nitrate levels from 0-5 ppm
- Prevents high levels of nitrite which inhibit fish respiration and suppress their immune systems
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
- Manufacture: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.38 x 5.13 inches; 2.4 Ounces
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Test Kits - View All
Aquarium Test Kits
User Ratings: 74 3
- Quality [star rating='3.6']
- Value [star rating='4.3']
- Features [star rating='3.5']
- Check Price