capetsma First Impressions
Bigger than expected.
It comes with the filter bag, bag frame, and charcoal media all separate. The filters fit fine and I was happy to see that some carbon packs were included. Lets start with the amount of filter material you get. If you don't know much about this just google it. I missed it in my opinion these filters are a must have. This is great for transporting aquarium life from location to location too. Within a matter of hours I now have a crystal clear tank with pristine water.
- Editor's Impressions Of The capetsma
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
capetsma Final Thoughts
Nice sponge filter.
Lets start with the amount of filter material you get. Don't get anything smaller than 750VA as you don't want to overload them. For obvious reasons, don't put them directly above or below a tank. I've definitely noticed a difference in my water quality. Fish that are constantly swimming hard will tire and die from stress. Right now I am letting the filter work it's magic. I have always had an undergravel filter and my aquariums.
- capetsma Features & Specs
- All in one Filtration - 7-layer ribbing shape sponge + bio ceramic balls makes a great aquarium filter, they work together to provide physical, chemical, and biological filtration for both freshwater and saltwater fish tank, continuously offer clean and healthy environment for your lovely fishes.
- Efficiently Operated - With the help of strong air pump, this fully submersible sponge filter cycles water at 175 Gallons per Hour (GPH) for tanks up to 55 Gallons in size. At the same time, it will improve dissolved oxygen level by aerating water.Pls notice the air pump is not included. For larger tank, you may need 2 foam filters.
- Removable Sponges - The 2 sponges provide physical filtration, they can trap floating debris and the 60ppi aperture offer more area for beneficial bacteria to live on. You can easily take down the 2 bio sponges when you need to clean or replace it. Don't use tap water to clean it, just rinse or squeeze the sponges using the aquarium water.
- Refillable Filter Media - The bio balls remove harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration, and other contaminants. Also they help increase oxygen level in your tank. You can replace the bio ceramic balls as per your need. We suggest you change the sponge and the filter media every 3 months, you do not need to buy a new filter, just replace the refillable filter media and the sponge, they are also available in our store.
- Compact Design - All parts of our sponge filter are detachable for cleaning, with 2 strong suction cups, we can stick the internal filter firmly to anywhere in the tank without floating. The water outlet pipe can be extended and rotated, we can change direction of water flow by rotating the outlet port or adjusting it above or below the waterline.It is great for fry aquariums and brine shrimp hatcheries because it can prevent young fry from being trapped in the filter media.
- Manufacture: capetsma
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 1.5 x 3.6 inches; 1.59 Ounces
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Filter Accessories - View All
Aquarium Filter Accessories
User Ratings: 81 2
- Check Price