Gain Express 837-2 First Impressions
Easy to calibrate.
Just rinse with warm water afterwards. I run brackish tanks and it works perfectly. Hate the batteries, but once loaded, it seems to work fine. I tried it over and over and no bubbles! Excellent piece of equipment for the price. The water was at what I expected it should be. 026 and the tank isn't, new animals will go into shock.
- Editor's Impressions Of The Gain Express 837-2
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
Gain Express 837-2 Final Thoughts
So, it does seem to work.
But with alittle persistance I am able to read it. Perfrct for someone learning or anyone for that matter. Once I adjusted the refractometer, my aquarium salinity read 1. Works great,& comes in a storage box. Works well on my Saltwater Aquarium. It did not need adjusting to calibrate, though I tried to just to see how it worked. Would be nice if stem were slightly larger for easier read.
- Gain Express 837-2 Features & Specs
- MEASURING RANGE: 0~9999 ppm or 10.0ppt~100.0ppt or 0.0%~10.0% or 0.950~1.080 (S.G.) based on NaCl with ±%F.S ±1 digit / ±0.5°C Accuracy
- DISPLAY: Dual Temperature and Salinity in four measurement units (ppm, ppt, %, S.G) / 30 x 18mm LCD Size
- APPLICATION: Salinity measurement in fish pond, tank, aquariums, laboratories, food processing, hydroponics, Aquaculture, and other water monitoring facilities.
- FEATURES: Waterproof IP65 / One touch calibration / Auto power off and Non-Sleep mode disable / Multi points calibration
- POWER SUPPLY / SENSOR : 4 x LR44 button batteries
- User friendly easy to operate with One-touch calibration
- Manufacture: Gain Express Holdings Ltd
- Batteries: 4 LR44 batteries required.
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Hydrometers - View All
User Ratings: 80 3
- Check Price
User Ratings: 83 2
- Check Price