Hikari 96005 First Impressions
However, the numbers are soooo small it is sometimes hard to read. Make sure to knock out the bubbles on the white dial by hitting it with your knuckle. It's fast, it's tidy, and it's accurate. I did NOT calibrate, but am getting accurate readings. Definitely a lot cheaper than a refractometer. Ultimately, the measurement was exactly the same as our old tester. Calibrate with distilled water and test every so often.
- Editor's Impressions Of The Hikari 96005
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
Hikari 96005 Final Thoughts
Just got it.
Next I calibrated the refractor with the calibration solution that I ordered too. Just give me one simple, accurate reading to go by, and I'm happy. Once I figured that out, it works great. So worth it considering its great quality and great price. Ultimately, the measurement was exactly the same as our old tester. Wipe down glass surface to dry it and put it back on the shelf til next time. It's a basic but reliable refractomer I use it for my aquariums.
- Hikari 96005 Features & Specs
- Ideally suited for use in Nano tanks, smaller setups or sumps of larger systems
- Accurate to 0.001 specific gravity and salinity (PPT) measurements
- Durable construction for extended life
- Designed to give a temperature-corrected reading in warm water aquariums – 68°F to 85°F (20°C to 30°C)
- Readings can be taken by taking the meter out of the aquarium and placing on a level surface or leveling the unit in the substrate
- Manufacture: Phillips Feed & Pet Supply Natural Balance
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 1 x 3.5 inches; 0.8 Ounces
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Hydrometers - View All
User Ratings: 80 3
- Check Price
User Ratings: 83 2
- Check Price