Penn-Plax First Impressions
Right above him.
I have this on a 60 gallon aquarium and so far it's working great! The size of the tank is too small to recommend. They have fish and the need for them to be fed was much needed. However, I was able to get it to stay stuck in between two. Consistent food size is the key to more consistent results. The pellets stick to the tape and slowly build up clogging the hole. I uploaded a video so if you found this helpful please give it a thumbs up.
- Editor's Impressions Of The Penn-Plax
- Build Quality [star rating='4.2']
- Value For Money [star rating='4']
- Feature Set [star rating='4.8']
Penn-Plax Final Thoughts
Absolutely love it.
Took me all of 5 minutes start to finish to get it set up. The pellets stick to the tape and slowly build up clogging the hole. Don't lose the instructions or you'll go crazy trying to program it. May want to test it a few times before leaving for a long trip. Comes on a swivel bracket to accommodate special angles for installation. The feeder has helped me automate my tank, which is one less thing to worry about. Taping a piece of ribbon in place worked out better.
- Penn-Plax Features & Specs
- GREAT FOR WEEKEND VACAYS: Worried about finding a fish-sitter as you plan for your next weekend getaway or adventure? Or, whenever or not they’ll overfeed your fish? Fear no more! Our Pro Balance Vacation Fish Feeder Blocks will feed your fish while you’re away. Each block feeds to up 3 days, and each package contains 4 Starfish Shaped Blocks.
- IDEAL FOR 10 – 15 GALLON TANKS: Our Fish Feeder Blocks work best in aquariums that are between 10 and 15 Gallons in size. One block will last 3 to 4 days depending on the PH level and water temperature. A minimum water temperature of 72°F (22°C) and PH level of 6.6 to 7.0 is most efficient for the release of food particles.
- REQUIRES AERATION & CIRCULATION: Within hours, our Feeder Blocks will start to dissolve, releasing nutritious freeze-dried foods while neutralizing your aquarium’s water. In order for this to happen, your tank should have the proper aeration and circulation. Our Feeder Blocks dissolve normally with setups that have an air stone or filter.
- GIVE IT A TRY BEFORE YOUR TRIP: Just like us, our fish can get picky over their food. As a suggestion, you may want to place 1 Feeder Block in your tank a week before your vacation or trip. This way, you’ll see if they like it or not. To take it a step further, you may want to leave the tank alone as you test our Feed Blocks, mimicking the trip.
- INGREDIENTS: Calcium Sulfate, Freeze-Dried Tubifex Worm, Freeze-Dried Bloodworm, Freeze-Dried Daphnia, Freeze-Dried White Shrimp, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), and Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6).
- Manufacture: Penn Plax