Penn-Plax CFU55 First Impressions
Overall fairly easy.
This filter system doesn't come with everything to you need. I purchased these for an aquarium at school. That's a long time if you knew how nasty that many shrimp and minnows can be! You can run everything on battery backup sockets. But if you don't weekly vacuum it up, it will eventually clog the filter. If you're looking for new filters, go with these. I have been buying these bags for years.
- Editor's Impressions Of The Penn-Plax CFU55
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
Penn-Plax CFU55 Final Thoughts
I have a Top Fin 10 power filter and these cartridges fit perfectly. So here is the product size on the boxes that isn't included in the description! It's a pain in the butt to put together the directions don’t do it that well. It was exactly what I needed and fit beautifully. For obvious reasons, don't put them directly above or below a tank. You can cap off the ones you don't want to use. I have used UG filters for many years.
- Penn-Plax CFU55 Features & Specs
- Undergravel filter system includes 4 filter plates (each measuring 11.5" X 11.5") with extra large 1 inch adjustable lift tubes.
- Filter is suitable for most 40 and 50 gallon aquariums. Clips to hold each section securely together are included.
- 2 carbon filter cartridges remove odors, and water discoloration by trapping the pollutants in the pores of the carbon.
- This undergravel filter hides from view for maximum aesthetics. Safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- Effortless setup and easy maintenance make this premium undergravel filter a must have for all home aquariums. Simply place filter plates at the bottom of the tank and cover with gravel.
- Manufacture: Penn Plax, INC.
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 2.5 x 11.5 inches; 2.02 Pounds
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Filter Accessories - View All
Aquarium Filter Accessories
User Ratings: 81 2
- Check Price