Seachem 6581 First Impressions
I use the APC brand.
But by two weeks, the output did drop. It was a struggle to keep the water clear before i got the goldfish. The other tank is an old AIO retro tank I have with a media rack in it. Does the job and price was less or at least same as big retailers. Fill with the supplied carbon and voila. Fill with the supplied carbon and voila. You can also buy solutions that have the bacteria in them to also get started faster.
- Editor's Impressions Of The Seachem 6581
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
Seachem 6581 Final Thoughts
Flow rate adjustment.
Work perfect on my shrimp tank to keep them out of the filter. Fun to modify your filter and clean tank as well. Even its quite costly, but it last long. If you're looking for new filters, go with these. It was nicely packaged and is a high quality filter material. Every tank should have intake sponges. I had to take a blade and run it through all the slats because the factory doesnt q.
- Seachem 6581 Features & Specs
- FLOW REGULATION: The fully adjustable flow regulation feature on the Tidal Power Filter adjusts performance to a specific aquarium volume, type, or provide an environment for fish that prefer more or less water movement or oxygenation. Adjust the dial from anywhere between 450 gallons per hour down to a gentle 90 gallons per hour.
- SURFACE SKIMMER: The surface skimmer on the Tidal Power Filter will capture the water from just below the surface, where excreted fish oils accumulate, as well as deeper in the tank to remove floating debris.
- ADJUSTABLE INTAKE FLOW: With Tidal’s dual intake, it pulls water in through the telescoping pipe below the surface and at the surface through the surface skimmer. Easily adjust how much flow comes from the underwater intake pipe versus the surface skimmer with the intake flow dial.
- HEATER HOLDER: A heater can be attached to the side of the Tidal Power Filter with an optional heater clip, allowing for better dispersal of heated water throughout your tank or aquarium.
- MAINTENANCE ALERT: When filtration media becomes clogged with detritus and affects the flow of water, the Tidal Power Filter redirects water around the filter and back into the aquarium through an outlet on the side. The redirected water then pushed up the blue maintenance alert on the top of the filter, signaling that the filter needs to be cleaned.
- Ventilation slots in the lid of the filter and aeration grooves in the outflow ensure that water returned to the tank is fully oxygenated and maximize gas exchange during filtration.
- The pump pushes water up into the basket of the filter, entering through the bottom of the basket and being pushed out the top. A bottom-to-top flow ensures that water comes into contact will all filter media, and cannot go around or over filter media as with hang on back filters with a back-to-front flow.
- Over time, filtration media can become clogged with detritus reducing or obstructing the flow of water through it. When this happens in Tidal filters, water is redirected around the filter and back into the aquarium through an outlet on the side. The redirected water pushes up the blue maintenance alert on the top of the filter, signaling that the filter needs to be cleaned.
- Manufacture: Seachem Laboratories
- Product Dimensions: 6.25 x 5.12 x 8 inches; 1.74 Pounds
Check Out These Other Top Rated Aquarium Filter Accessories - View All
Aquarium Filter Accessories
User Ratings: 81 2
- Check Price